|Fees and prices||Health |
- The boarding fees must be paid in full prior to or on drop off of your dog.
- A daily rate will be applied regardless of drop off/collection times. Evening collections and will be subject to prior agreement.
- All bookings require a 25% deposit to secure the dates. This is non-refundable.
- If the booking is less than 14 days, the full amount will be requested in advance.
- You must provide proof that your pet’s vaccinations, wormers and flea routines are up to date.
- No dog will be accepted unless these vaccinations and flea/worming schedules are up to date. This is because I have dogs of my own and seek to protect them from contagious/serious diseases.
- Flea infestation in a home boarding situation is a very serious matter and must be avoided at all costs. In the event of flea infestation, caused by your dog, Marie Howard-Deeth will treat your dog (and her own) at your expense. In the event of this happening you may be additionally charged for household treatment.
- There is no requirement to get the Infectious tracheobronchitis (kennel cough) vaccine from the vets.
- We take no responsibility for your dog contracting any viral diseases while staying with us.
- Please advise us IMMEDIATELY if your female dog is in season or due to come into season. Due to the nature of home boarding and the lack of confinement and although every effort would be made to prevent pregnancy, we can accept no responsibility should your dog become pregnant.
|Refunds and cancellations|
- If you cancel your boarding you must give 1 month notice so that this date can be made available to other pet owners. Failure to do so will require you to pay 50% of the fees.
- No future bookings will be allowed until prior cancellation fees are paid in full.
- This is non-negotiable. Notice of cancellation must be given in writing and acknowledged by Woofington Lodge.
|Photography||Collection and delivery|
- Your dog may be photographed and/or videoed during their stay for research and advertising purposes
- If you do not consent to the photographs/videos being used for commercial purposes e.g. website, Facebook, please let Marie know
- Unless you state otherwise, your consent for use of these photographs is implied
- All use will be anonymous apart from your dog’s name
- It is preferable that owners drop their dog(s) off at the Lodge, however a collection and delivery service can be arranged with prior agreement. This will incur an additional charge.
- Drop off and pick up times should be agreed prior to the stay and should be reasonable.
- Failure to collect dogs or make other arrangements to have dogs collected without prior communication could result in a refusal to board your dog again.
- An assessment prior to boarding is an essential element of the contract. This shall be at least 10 days prior to stay.
- This session will be used to assess your dog’s sociability with Marie’s dogs and to see whether all parties involved are happy with the boarding arrangements.
- Marie Howard-Deeth has the right to refuse boarding if your dog shows any aggression towards her dogs or human family members.
- On booking, you will be sent a contract and questionnaire. This is to be completed prior to your dog’s stay to enable Marie to ask any questions and ensures your dog(s) are receiving the best care possible whilst you are away.
|Dog’s requirements||Legal requirements|
- The owner will supply enough food for the duration of their dog’s stay plus medication, lead, harnesses and any toys which will help your dog to settle.
- The owner shall give Marie Howard-Deeth permission to take their dog to the vet to receive any medical attention that he/she may need, providing it is in the best interest of your dog.
- Marie Howard-Deeth will phone the owner or the emergency contact immediately upon any reason that a dog may need medical attention.
- The owner will pay any outstanding costs of vet bills and medication on collection of their dog that was required in their absence.
- All dogs should be in a clean, groomed condition. Any dog requiring regular grooming should also be provided with appropriate grooming equipment.
- We recommend but do not insist that your dog be insured against sickness, accident, or injury and for third party liability prior to boarding.
- It is imperative that provide an honest account of your dog’s behavior so that Marie Howard-Deeth can manage the environment and ensure your dog’s welfare is maintained. An open and frank discussion at the initial meet and greet visit can avoid the situations below occurring:
- If your dog attacks, or is involved in a fight with, another dog (and/or person) causing injury to that dog (and /or person), the owner will be responsible for any losses incurred as a result including, but not limited to, payment of veterinary fees in respect of injuries to another animal caused by your dog.
- Any damage made to the property/possessions of Marie Howard-Deeth will result in liability for reimbursement of the same.
- Should a dog’s behaviour become uncontrollable or unreasonable for any reason then the owner will accept that the dog could be placed in a boarding kennel at their own expense. The owner or emergency contact will always be contacted first before this decision is made.
- Woofington Lodge will provide the following
- No dog registered under the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 will be accepted for home boarding.
- A Woofington Lodge dog tag for the duration of the dog’s stay. This will be removed upon collection of the dog by the owner
- The provision of a clean, dry, warm, draught-free bedding space; an area for your dogs to relieve themselves; food, fresh water, exercise to owners requirements and maintain the guest dogs normal routine as much as is possible
- Walking the owner’s dog according to owner’s instructions at all times i.e. on or off the lead and ensuring proper control at all times and disposal of dog poo safely
- Keep safe the provided records of all current dogs under its care for immediate reference i.e. contact details, feeding, exercise and veterinary details in case of emergency.
- Treat your dogs as part of the family when they board with her. They will be treated with kindness and respect. Only positive reinforcement practices are used in this household.